Monday 23 May 2011

Mum arrives to Vancouver


7th-19th May 2011



After getting back from my East Canada and Utah travels, I have mum’s visit to look forward to.  Our first mothers day together in more years than I can remember, it was mum’s suggestion we hire some bikes and ride around Stanley Park (not bad for someone in her 60’s who thinks she hasn’t cycled a bike in over 20 years).  A nice touch was they were giving out free roses to all the mothers in the park.  

 Playing tourist guide with mum, we spent a day at Capilano suspension bridge (unfortunately its so touristy and hyped up definitely not worth the cost if anyone is thinking of going when they visit but good to know for future reference). I also showed her Deep Cove a beautiful cove area close to where I used to live, where I had previously spent a 2 night kayaking adventure and famous for its honey glazed doughnuts yum yum!

Mum headed to Vancouver Island on her own and then we both spent a long weekend in Whistler.  Unfortunately the weather hasn’t bee so kind for her first week here, it pretty much rained most of the time in Whistler but I still got her to the top of the gondola for some photos and views of the mountains and her mothers day present was a day at the Scandinavian Spa, a time for her to relax and unwind on her so far busy holiday.  I got one day of skiing in but with the alpine closed, it raining and low visibility it was more just training and practise and to remind myself I can still ski! Ha ha










Our next big adventure together is heading on board the celebrity millennium cruise ship cruising the inside passage from Vancouver to Seaward Alaska.   It is an absolutely massive ship as they say in the movie Australia I’m boarding a “big bloody metal ship” ha ha! Stay tuned for the highlights from what I’ve been told is a fantastic and beautiful trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment