Wednesday 15 May 2013

Turning 30 embracing the moment

I created a video to capture my 30th birthday moments. Click here to take a look:
Lisa's 30th B'day Video

Well there are different persepctives to look at when you hit a milestone like turning 30.

Most people have one of 2 reactions: They either:
1. Freak out, don't want to ackowledge it and try anything to not bring attention to the big number
2. Embrace it, as a chance to celebrate life, all those around them who love them and feel special

I of course chose option number 2.

I had a few friends from Australia and the UK mention they would love to come over to Canada to visit for my birthday so thought I'd give everyone enough warning I was planning on a 4 day adventure.

As it turned out I had a trip back to Australia exactly one month before my birthday that involved 2 weddings, visting 3 states of Australia and hence had lovely catchups with friends and family celebrating my 30th Aussie style one month ahead of time. This in turn meant a lot of my friends held off on their Canadian adventures for the time being.

Still I was so spoilt having both Alicia from Australia and Hannah aka Perky from the UK fly all the way out to holiday and visit for my 30th. Fun times awaited.

Celebrating over 4 days, well 4 days and one month if you include Australia was a lot of fun.
We spent the friday in Whistler skiing with Hannah, Alicia (Alicia's only 2nd ever time on ski's), Kate and Tristan and missed seeing Jess and Matt who had come up but due to cell phone's and timing we didn't end up getting to connect.

Everyone who knows me, knows how much I love the outdoors and being in the wilderness so for me the best way I could think of spending my 30th in the winter months was in the mountains.
 Saturday and Sunday was spent snowshoeing into Elphin Lakes and staying overnight at the hut. A lot of organsing took place to get 9 of us in there and thanks to all my friends who either hired, drove cars helped organise and came along for the adventure.  Hannah and Alicia hadn't used snow shoes before so lots of firsts for them and Alicia had her first time seeing snow falling from the sky what a very special moment to share with her.

Monday March 18th my actual 30th b'day and everyone went back to work except for Hannah, Alicia and I who enjoyed the sunshine by the water and with a delicious brunch.  To finish off a wonderful 4 day celebration I had close to 30 friends come out to a yummy tapas restaurant downtown.

I feel very grateful for the love and friendships I have in my life here in Vancouver. For all the family and friend support I have around the world and for getting to live each day for the joy and beauty we are given.

My 20's were such a fantastic exploration and growth of my life, and I don't plan to slow down into my 30's . Live, laugh and Love....


No comments:

Post a Comment