Sunday 21 August 2011

Last few weeks of Adventures in and around Vancouver for a while


Us 4 girls tried to go hike Goat mountain which is behind grouse mountain on a Saturday, there were lots of people around Grouse mountain but once we took the turn off it was relatively quiet.  Unfortunately because winter has stayed so long there was so much snow around and not everyone was comfortable on the snow so we didn't get too far before a group decision was made to turn back.  Instead we had lots of chats in the sun enjoying the views.  I even got to see the free lumbar jack show for the first time.





















 In Vancouver each year they have a festival called the celebration of lights.  Where 3 countries compete with a fireworks display coreographed to music.  It was a nice afternoon so a group of us went down to English Bay to watch it. Despite the crowds it didn't feel too overwhelming and was a lovely display, though a total waste of money.




My final week in Vancouver was spent catching up with friends before I left, meaning lots of dinners out, listening to music and reminding myself I will be returning soon.  I've made some really great friends in my relatively short time of living back in Vancouver and I feel lucky to have shared some great adventures, stories and the support they have all given me.  I really look forward to the continued friendships when I return.  Thanks everyone :-)

Though I probably shouldn't have because of my continued sore bruised coccyx I had the opportunity to go climbing at lighthouse park by the sea cliffs before I left and I was grateful Kyle was super patient with me.  It was a  really sunny quiet day on the rock so we chilled between each climb and I had a great afternoon out after work.  I hadn't really been swimming at 3rd beach before so another afternoon I was able to go for a swim in the actually nice warm water and chill out on the sandy beach, chatting.  My final day in Vancouver was spent at work for the morning and then the opportunity to hike out to Goat mountain and Goat ridge.  Randomly running into a friend Calum on the trail who was on his way back from hiking crown mountain another one on the North Shore, and some tentative plans to meetup as he comes to the Gold Coast for work with the Canadian Rugby team.  There wasn't nearly as much snow as last time we attempted it so we made it up and back in good time leaving me just enough time to hurridly pack my last things, jump on the sky train and head to the airport.  I had a great 3 days of random exploring with my new friend Kyle.  Australian friends and family here I come......

















No comments:

Post a Comment